Youth workers HANSE network
- Gamma cluster - the third approach/version – the regulation and membership agreement -
Steps to join:
- read the regulations below. If it is suitable for you go for the next step;
- create a user on the virtual space on the platform http://thevoyage.eu (if you have not got one already);
- follow the future steps described below and inside once you are there.
What is this?
- A small network/cluster/hanse for youth workers and other persons working with young people in informal/non formal activities;
- Share good practices, methods, products, results - relevant for this field;
- Prepare/propose projects to develop the youth worker profiles in Europe;
- Inspire and be inspired;
How does it work?
- You create a user on the virtual space on the platform http://thevoyage.eu (if you have not got one already);
- You enrol to the Youth worker network there;
- You take a look at the proposed theme/idea of the month and reflect on it and/or test the proposed learning method/approach;
- Every month, you give your feedback/you comment on the proposed subject or test the proposed method (level 1 or level 2);
- You read the other comments/ about others’ experiences;
- You take the conclusions that are suitable for you;
- You get to learn all the time during the small voyage;
- The next month, you repeat the experience.
Level 1 area - 1 hour/month
- You take a look at the proposed theme/idea of the month and reflect on it or test the proposed learning method/approach;
- You give your feedback on the proposed subject. That can be:
- your opinion based on your previous experience/background;
- your perspective after having tested the proposed method/item/aspect/idea
- some results of a research you do/have done;
Level 2 area – optional – different challenges – time to be established, on a case by case basis
- Practice for a few days in a row the proposed challenge and post your impressions;
- Participate in the virtual meetings organized on some specific aspects, from time to time;
- Participate in the face-to-face meetings, events;
- Find out about other opportunities connected with the subject, join us there, as well;
- Join other initiatives proposed to develop youth work profession in Europe;
- Propose other projects/activities, relevant for this field;
- Discover, take/do not take other voyages we will propose, when they are available and announced;
Is this too abstract? Let’s take some examples
Example 1: commenting on a tool/ using a tool
We propose you a tool, for instance a solving conflicts - checklist.
- Level 1 – you offer your general feedback, ideas, perspectives, possible improvements;
- Level 2 - test it for 1-2 cases and post your conclusions, come up with some proposals for improvement, if you want/have found some.
Example 2 – youth worker profile in different countries
We can learn from what is happening around Europe, from countries where youth worker is a distinctive and recognized profession to countries where there is still a lot of work to be done on the road, yet activities and great projects are happening in this field. So you share your concrete example and we will also post the inputs got on this subject during the online course.
Example 3 – another month: share a personal/professional development plan made with a young person
There is a tool proposed on the course (Section O – English version/Section N – Romanian version) which can be used when working with young people on their short/medium/long term planning. It will be very nice to see some real plans filled in, with (or without) real names on them, just to analyze together whether this tool is working.
You can go to level 1 or level 2; each month, you decide the extent to which you can be involved.
Is it clearer now? Let’s move on to the other aspects of the network cluster, as well:
Benefits of joining this network:
- See/hear/learn different perspectives on the same method/subject/theme connected with the youth work field;
- Inspire and be inspired by others doing the same thing;
- Be among the first to test some proposed activities, methods, approaches etc;
- Find relevant partners for youth work activities;
- Have access to the materials proposed on the website http://thevoyage.eu even after the project has finished, at least during 2017-2018;
- At the end of the year you can get a certificate for your contribution to the network (if any).
How do we communicate?
- Using the forum of the network/course, on the proposed areas;
- By email, news to be received in your Inbox, emails.
For how long do you intend to keep it?
- This version, Gamma cluster is planned for 2017-2018. During this time we will observe its development as proposed and decide accordingly, proposing the next steps. The previous activities can also be found at the course level on our platform.
How long do I have to stay in the network?
- As long as you want, you can unenroll at any time if you consider that the cluster does not suit your needs.
Who can join?
- People working with young persons in non formal / informal activities;
- People willing to invest 1 hour/month to contribute to the subject of the month;
Do not join if:
- You do not have the time to contribute with your ideas/perspective once per month for at least 1 hour.
- You know everything, there is nothing to learn in the youth worker field;
- You can’t hear/respect other different opinions;
- You do not want to learn from peers, you prefer only the expert styles;
Time you need as a member of the network
- Generally speaking it depends on you, your wish to test/give your opinion, on the subject etc;
- We will propose different complexity level themes;
- Minimum – 1 hour/month – 12 hours/year;
- Maximum – it is up to you.
Fee/ cost for you now
- There is no fee for this version as a follow-up of the project “The suitcase, the map and the voyage of a youth worker”, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
- English will be the main language used in our communication;
- The network cluster is facilitated by the coordinating team of the project with the support of its members, as well. The support offered and this regulation can be adapted/changed by the coordinating team during this period, informing the members and giving them the possibility to renounce if the new aspects are not suitable for them.
Are you ready to join?
- Create a user on the virtual space on the platform http://thevoyage.eu (if you have not got one already);
- Enrol to the Youth worker network there;
- Follow the next steps described inside.
Any questions? You can write us to email@example.com
Short history, the steps taken so far and future plans:
Alpha cluster (2016-2017) – we tested the first approach to sharing practices network within the online courses of Youth worker (English and Romanian versions). There, each participant could introduce himself/herself and contribute to the presented content of each chapter.
Beta cluster (July 2017) - we had a multiplier event where the participants had the possibility to be involved in learning, teaching or both activities during Open Space technology sessions.
Gamma cluster (2017-2018) – it is the newest version/group network proposed as a future approach, based on the feedback we have got so far.
Delta cluster (2018 - ___) – based on the activity and the feedback collected during the journeys (2016-2018) we will decide accordingly for the next potential levels/clusters.